Doctoral education aims to cultivate the research skills and knowledge necessary to undertake independent inquiries. Supervisors play an important role in this process, mentoring students about research trends, conduct, and guiding their academic careers in general.
The HEC Approved Supervisors program aims to assist PhD students in this regard by pairing them with qualified and experienced faculty members of HEC recognized universities, degree awarding institutions, and R&D organizations. PhD students funded under HEC in-country scholarship programs will work with HEC-approved supervisors for three years.
- HEC has revamped the entire process to become a 'HEC Approved Supervisor' from manual to online system. All PhD supervisors are required to register and fill profile again on HEC E-portal.
- The Supervisors who have been approved by HEC before 30th November, 2013 will be required to apply again followed by postal copy of application form through proper channel.
- The Supervisors who have been approved by HEC after 1st December, 2013 will be required to just register and create profile again at HEC E portal.
Click on URL to apply for HEC Approve Supervisor:http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/asa
1. All new /existing PhD supervisors are required to forward the application for 'HEC Approved Supervisor' via HEC e-portal only followed by postal copy through proper channel within 30 days of finally online submission of application. In case of failure, the application will be rejected.
2. The Login and password issued previously are not accepted. It is required to create a new User ID and password. User manual is available on navigation corner for stepwise guidance please. In case of any issue, kindly send screenshot at our email firstname.lastname@example.org please.
3. HEC will not entertain any Manual Application from January 1st , 2017 onward. The supervisor who will forward such application would not be considered for further processing in any case.