Doctoral education aims to cultivate the research skills and knowledge necessary to undertake independent inquiries. Supervisors play an important role in this process, mentoring students about research trends, conduct, and guiding their academic careers in general.
The HEC Approved Supervisors program aims to assist PhD students in this regard by pairing them with qualified and experienced faculty members of HEC recognized universities, degree awarding institutions, and R&D organizations. PhD students funded under HEC in-country scholarship programs will work with HEC-approved supervisors for three years.
- HEC has revamped the entire process to become a 'HEC Approved Supervisor' from manual to online system. All PhD supervisors ( Already Approved ) are required to register and fill profile again on HEC E-portal.
- The Supervisors who have been approved by HEC before three years at the time of applying at E Portal will be required to apply again followed by postal copy of application form through proper channel. PhD degree HEC attested/Equivalence certificate must be forwarded along with the application form ( HEC and Non HEC Scholars both). There applications printed from E Portal will be re-evaluated after receiving hard copy through proper channel .
- The Supervisors who have been approved within three years of applying at HEC Portal will be required to just register online and create profile again at HEC E portal. They do not required to send the hard copy through proper channel at this stage. There application will be directly included in Approved Supervisor database.
- From July 2017 to onward, all applicants either already approved/Approved but deficient documents/new applicants are required to apply via HEC Eportal Only. Manual selection/application will not be considered in any case.
All Applicants either existing approved supervisors or new applicants are required to upload their PhD degree & HEC Attested PhD degree with ticket number/HEC Equivalence Certificate at HEC E-Portal for further process in any case.
Click on URL to apply for HEC Approve Supervisor:http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/asa
- All new /existing PhD supervisors are required to forward the application for 'HEC Approved Supervisor' via HEC e-portal only followed by postal copy through proper channel within 30 days of finally online submission of application. In case of failure, the application will be rejected.
- The Login and password issued previously are not accepted. It is required to create a new User ID and password. User manual is available on navigation corner for stepwise guidance please. In case of any issue, kindly send screenshot at our email firstname.lastname@example.org please.
- Please always mention your application ID allotted by HEC Portal in case of any issue via email.
- The education tab at e-portal is linked with (Pakistan Qualification Register (PQR). The respective academic degrees needs to be register by relevant university under HEC PQR program so that applicant can enter the data. In cases of not having data in education tab at e portal, it is therefore requested to please coordinate with your university Focal Person/ Registrar to register your degree program in Pakistan Qualification Register (PQR) in HEC. So that program may be included in the online portal.
- Application has been designed based on eligibility criteria defined /approved to become HEC Approved Supervisor, therefore, if any applicant is not eligible, the application process would not allow to proceed further. Therefore, it is required to read eligibility criteria carefully and fill the form accordingly.
- All Applicants (HEC/Non HEC Scholars) will be required to submit the Copy of HEC Attested PhD degree/ HEC PhD Equivalence Certificate along with application form.
- It is expected that entire applicants will provide the online information true without any manipulation, in case of any misrepresentation found, HEC reserve the right to take stern action in this regard.