launching new Degree Attestation System for the facilitation of the Applicants
Click here to download User Manual
Procedure for Online Attestation
Notice: Discontinuation of Computer Lab Facility for Attestation of Documents
It is notified for the information of General Public that due to launch of new online degree attestation system, the computer Lab facility will not be available w.e.f May 29th, 2017 onward.
According to the new online degree attestation system, applicants have to create their accounts on following HEC web link for attestation of their educational documents from HEC: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/das
After creation of profile applicant will sent scanned copies of required documents for initial scrutiny and after successful scrutiny they will schedule their visit accordingly. Applicants are advised to bring all the required original documents along with a set of photocopies as well as printout of online application form as per scheduled date and time.
Note: "Fake degrees and all other original educational documents would be confiscated and handed over to FIA for further investigation and disposal as per law".
Information for general public regarding submission of documents at WES/ICAS etc:
"Applicant(s) desiring to submit documents at WES/ICAS etc, is required to get attested original degrees/transcripts along with a set of photocopies of the same educational documents from HEC as per procedure available on HEC website http://www.hec.gov.pk . The HEC will seal only HEC attested photocopies of educational documents in an envelope and will hand over to the applicant(s)/his/her blood relative/authorized person. The applicant(s) can also avail the services of authorized courier company i.e. Gerry's/FedEx (International) or Leopard Courier (Local) for attestation and sealing of HEC attested photocopies of educational documents. The HEC attested documents can be submitted by the applicant(s) to any organization including WES/ICAS etc. The HEC do not send documents directly to any agency/organization.
Through personal visit, you will go through normal procedure of degree attestation and after receiving the attested degrees/transcripts, you have to visit HEC R&I office and documents will be sealed there on verbal request only without any charges. Also remember to keep photocopies of HEC attested photocopies of degrees/transcripts with yourself for future record before placing in envelop for seal".
Requirements for Attestation:
Note: PEC Registration is compulsory for Engineering Degree
- Create an online profile at http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/das to initiate the process for degree attestation. Completely fill-in the personal and educational details on the online profile. Incomplete information may cause you inconvenience at later stage.
- Reserve an available date for attestation at a HEC office location of your choice.
- Attestation through courier service, please select the option of courier service in the online form. Print out the form and visit the designated courier office. For further details, please visit Attestation through Courier Service.
- Please bring all the original documents including degrees, transcripts and certificates from Matriculation onwards up till the degree level you want to attest. In case of courier service, please submit the original documents at courier service centre. Without the following Original Documents, your case will not be processed for attestation:-
- Matric certificate (Sanad)/Equivalent level certificate issued by IBCC along with its certificates.
- Intermediate certificate (Sanad)/Equivalent level certificate issued by IBCC along with its certificates.
- Bachelor degree along with DMCs/Transcripts. In case of foreign qualification, please provide the equivalent level degree certificate issued by the Equivalence Section of Higher Education Commission.
- Master degree along with DMCs/Transcripts. In case of foreign qualification, please provide the equivalent level degree certificate issued by the Equivalence Section of Higher Education Commission.
- MS/MPhil degree along with DMCs/Transcripts. In case of foreign qualification, please provide the equivalent level degree certificate issued by the Equivalence Section of Higher Education Commission.
- PhD degree along with DMCs/Transcripts. In case of foreign qualification, please provide equivalent level degree certificate issued by the Equivalence Section of Higher Education Commission.
- Please, bring a set of photocopies of all above listed documents for HEC record.
- A clearly visible copy of Computerized National Identity Card/Passport (in case of Foreign National) is mandatory to provide.
- The attestation fee for each Original document is Rs. 800 and for each Photocopy is Rs. 500.
- Applicants getting attestation through authorized domestic courier service will deposit fee at the HEC Account.
- International applicants will pay the attestation fee through cross check in favor of Gerry's International (Pvt), Islamabad.
- The Higher Education Commission will only attest transcripts issued in the last three years from the date of declaration of result. In case, the three years duration has lapsed, the provision of original degree is mandatory for attestation of transcript.
- In case a degree has not been issued, the detailed marks certificate/transcript must be verified by the designated Controller of Examinations of the concerned university. Moreover, a verification letter from the Controller of Examinations of the concerned university should be attached for HEC record purpose.
- The applicant name, father's name and date of birth should exactly match all degrees & transcripts, Matric and Intermediate level qualifications and CNIC/Passport.
- In case, the documents are being submitted for attestation by a person other than the degree holder, the authority letter for the authorized person is required. Moreover, the copy of the Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) of the Authorized person is also required.
- For attestation of "Shahadatul Almiya fil Uloomm al Arabia wal Islamia" please enter particulars of Middle, Aama, Khasa, Aaliya and Almiya in the online application form and attach equivalence given by the HEC.
- For attestation of "Equivalence letter" issued by the HEC, please attach the original Equivalence letter along with all necessary original documents as stated above.
- For attestation of CPSP Fellowship/Membership certificate, the verification of Controller of Examinations of CPSP is required before submission of documents to HEC.
- The HEC attests the copies of degrees and transcripts only after attestation of the original documents.
- The HEC will not attest any document if a field/area is omitted or erased on the same. Please, contact to the university/board first for issuance of documents without erasure/omission.
- Fake degrees and all other original educational documents would be confiscated and handed over to FIA for further investigation and disposal as per law.
- Please, read the complete guidelines for chosen method of attestation i.e., Walk-In and/or Courier Service before proceeding for attestation to avoid any inconvenience.
- In case, there is any ambiguity or clarification required, please go through the Frequently Asked Questions. If you still have questions/comments/suggestions, please send your query at the relevant e-mail address from the Contact Us. All queries sent to the designated e-mail address are responded in 72 hours.