Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) is a policy making and monitoring body for maintenance and enhancement of quality in higher education. It is involved in systematic implementation of quality enhancement procedures/criteria to attain improved levels of international compatibility and competitiveness at institutional and program level.
Established in 2005, Government of Pakistan through the Higher Education Commission is providing funding and logistical support for making QAA fully functional. QAA manages the affairs in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Division of HEC whereas the Quality Assurance Committee (QAC), comprising of eminent educationists, serves as its Advisory board. QAA is working to safeguard public interest by enforcing good practices in education and encouraging continuous improvement in quality in higher education.
- Policy making and development of practical guidelines of quality assurance related to the higher degree programs.
- Developing guidelines for establishment of Quality Enhancement Cells and their Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Capacity building to enhance the standard of quality assurance in higher education at national level.
- Professionals from QAA will serve as master trainers to build capacity of professionals in QECs after receiving international trainings.
- QAA will also be a monitoring and regulatory body to focus on quality and implementation of policies to improve the standard of higher education in Pakistan.
- Developing practical guidelines and policies for establishing Quality Enhancement Cells at public sector universities for integration of quality assurance in the higher education system.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Capacity Building of all Quality Enhancement Cells.
- Quality Assurance Agency will cause visitation of the Quality Enhancement Cells for monitoring and evaluation of the activities and uniformity of pace and standards across country.
- Capacity building of selected professional staff of Quality Enhancement Cells to serve as Master Trainers after receiving training in quality assurance, to increase the levels of international compatibility through skill enhancement in the respective field.
- Hiring the services of foreign experts, having practical exposure and experience of academic quality assurance for conducting trainings/workshops/seminars for the capacity building of QAA & QEC staff
- Officials of Quality Assurance Agency will be sent to attend the training programme in the field of quality assurance to technologically advanced countries. After receiving international trainings in quality assurance of higher education, they will serve as Master Trainers for capacity building/ training of professional staff of Quality Enhancement Cells in turn.