Higher Education Commission (HEC) has recently announced Batch II of Postdoctoral Fellowships Program (Phase III) for which the last date was April 15, 2021. HEC has received an enthusiastic response in the shape of large number of applications. The portal remained open for more than two months, however, many capable researchers have reported that they could not submit application for a variety of reasons.
In order to facilitate eligible candidates, it has been decided that next batch of the fellowships will be announced in September 2021. The acceptance/invitation letters that were issued in April 2021 and onwards will remain valid for next batch as well. However, the recipients are advised to keep in touch with the host supervisor so that the offer is also confirmed on the online portal as and when opened for this purpose. The eligible candidates are advised to keep their applications complete in all respects and have following documents/online profile prepared for submission:
- Invitation/acceptance letter in the relevant field from top 200 QS world ranked universities.
- Research Proposal as per format (available on the website)
- Host supervisor CV
- Updated self CV
- Updated Profile on HEC online portal i.e personal profile, education, employment history, publications.
- Five years' recognized experience in the online profile at HEC in case of foreign PhD.
- NOC from relevant section(s) of HEC in case any scholarships/financial support/research grant has been availed from HEC in the past (Conditional NOC will not be accepted).
- Attested PhD Degree (Equivalence Certificate in case of foreign PhD)
Please visit https://www.hec.gov.pk/english/scholarshipsgrants/postdoc/Pages/default.aspx for complete details.
Please also note that the portal will be opened for a specific duration according to Pakistan Standard Time (PST) and last date will not be extended in any case. Therefore, please submit application as soon as the advertisement is floated. Moreover, applications submitted on research.hec.gov.pk will only be considered for further processing.