General Requirements for Supervisors of All Disciplines
- A PhD degree from an HEC-recognized national university/degree awarding institute (DAI), or reputable international university/institute.
- A position of faculty member ( regular/adjunct/visiting) or researcher at a public or private university or DAI, or position of researcher or scientist at any R&D or Public sector organization.
- Approval from the head of institution, i.e. Vice Chancellor or Rector (for visiting/adjunct faculty only).
Specific Requirements for Science and Technology
Approved Supervisors must have:
- At least two research publications in the past five years with ISI (Institute of Scientific Information, USA) indexed journals with a significant Impact Factor OR
- A cumulative Impact Factor of minimum 5.00 or more for their entire research publication record. They must have at least one recognize publication in last three years at time of Re-evaluation.
- A PhD degree obtained within the last five years from a reputable foreign university along with at least one publication.
Specific Requirements for Social Science, Arts and Humanities, and Business Education
- Candidates holding foreign PhD degrees from reputable international universities
- Candidates who have completed their PhD in the last five years will be required to have at least one publication.
- Candidates who completed their PhD more than five years ago must have:
Candidates holding local PhDs
- Three local publications in the last five years in at least 'Y' category HEC-recognized journals, OR
- Three publications in journals listed in the Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), Social Science Research, Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI) and Arts & Humanities Search.
- International teaching/research/fellowship experience at the post-doc level for at least a semester, and three publications in the last five years in at least a 'Y' category HEC-recognized journals OR
- At least in last five years two publications 'X' category and one publication the 'Y' category of HEC-recognized journals OR
- Three publications in journalist listed in the Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), Social Science Research, Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI) and Arts & Humanities Search.
For Local National Languages
Specific Requirements SOCIAL SCIENCES (Local Languages)
- PhD degree from University which follows HEC MS/M. Phil /PhD Criteria and approved PhD programs
- In recent 05 years at the time of applying with at least two publication. Or
- PhD in more than 5 years must having at least Three index/Z Papers
Note: The subject 'English' and its related fields will not be considered in Languages, those applicants are required to select field of 'Foreign Language & Literature' at the time of applying at E-Portal.