The basic objectives of the program are as follows:
- It aims to assist PhD students by pairing them with qualified and experienced faculty members of HEC recognized universities, Degree Awarding Institutions, and R&D organizations.
- Ensuring that continues research is carried out with the highest standards of integrity and updated knowledge at par with international standards.
- It motivate the PhD faculty for high quality research to be carried out and publish it internationally renowned journals and distinguished it from other PhD faculty.
- It provide a platform /database of active researchers holding PhD degree in respective fields.
- To effectively and clearly communicate orally and in writing, participate in international conferences, collaborate in international research groups and publish in top ranked international journals.
- To be able to hold positions in leading academic and research institutions.
- PhD students funded under HEC in-country scholarship programs will work with HEC-Approved Supervisors for three years and it will be extended further for three years after evaluation.