- Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa . After registering and filling your profile, please select "Learning Opportunities Abroad" under "Scholarship and Grant" menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After that apply online to Commonwealth Scholarship through EAS form for doctoral studies (PhD) through Electronic Application System (EAS) at: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/form60/form_login.html
- All the applications for PhD without submitting EAS Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case
- Save your Submitted HEC online application & Commonwealth online application. It will be taken after shortlisting
- Hardcopies of HEC application form (alongwith relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for foreign degree, statement of purpose, study/research plan, copies of CNIC, Domicile) & submitted Commonwealth scholarship forms may be kept saved. They will be taken from shortlisted candidates only.
Do not send your hardcopies of applications at this stage. Deadline for Commonwealth scholarship has been extended till Monday, 17th December, 2018 for prospective applicants.
- Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- HEC endorses equal opportunity, therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of selection criteria, highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan, and relevancy of candidate's selected field with Pakistan's future development needs, provincial/regional quota and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- By-hand applications, Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose penalty, as decided by HEC.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to HEC Online system and EAS Online application form simultaneously before the deadline of 17th December 2018, as applications submitted after the deadline shall NOT be entertained in any case.
- HEC may conduct test/interview to shortlist candidates through panel of experts.
Disclaimer: Applicants for applying Commonwealth scholarship are advised to submit their online application on Commonwealth EAS Scholarship portal first After submission of EAS form, then applicants must also apply on HEC online application portal http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/hec-portal-web/auth/login.jsf. Apply to HEC portal after 07 December. 2018 as changes are being made for convenience of applicants. For any query/complain, please call HEC call Center: 051-111-119-432 or 0334-111-9432