Last date for Full Project Proposal (FPP) submission is 7.02.2023 (11.59 PM Pakistan Standard Time)
The RAPID Technology Transfer Grant (RTTG) is the key element of the Higher Education Development in Pakistan (HEDP) Project supported by the World Bank and implemented by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
The RTTG is a fast-track funding mechanism dealing with themes, topics, and issues of severe urgency for quick-response research on Flood response, Climate Change and Environment. The grant is anticipated to support proposals in applied research, product innovation, and commercialization of developed technological research and solutions
- Project Duration: Six (6) months
- Individual Grant Value: PKR 10 – 20 million
- Co-financing (minimum 50% cash contribution) by the industrial/sectoral partner.
The Priority Thematic Areas for support under this Call for Proposals include: Flood Response, Climate Change and the Environment, including but not limited to:
- Climate mitigation, adaptation, policy dialogue interventions and disaster management (focusing on climate modelling and disaster surveillance, environment monitoring, geological monitoring)
- Metro-scale pollution reduction technologies
- Protection of available trees through artificial intelligence system controls
- Use of membrane systems for gaseous and water industrial waste treatment
- Design and development of hybrid membranes and classical systems per requirements of site and location
- Process identification and development of hospital waste treatments
- Removal of arsenic and other toxic metal elements from industrial effluents, water underground aquifers.
- Climate smart agriculture: Adapting agriculture production to climate change by developing climate resilient crop varieties with regard to heat, drought and flooding (especially of wheat and cotton)
- Any other area related to Flood Response, Climate Change and the Environment
- Honorarium for PI and co-PIs
- Stipends for bachelors, masters, doctoral students, and post-doctoral scholars to support taking the prototype or proposed product to market
- Limited prototype development costs
- Patent filing
- Costs associated with producing licensing agreements
- Legal and financial investment advice
- Marketing of the prototype or proposed product to appropriate investors or stakeholders.