Government of Pakistan has offered scholarships to students of least developed Commonwealth countries that include Bangladesh, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Tanzania, Vanuatu and Zambia.
Fields of Study
The fields of study that the students may apply in include Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Arts & Humanities, Management and Business Education, Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences, and Natural Sciences/Physical Sciences for Masters degree programs only.
Following procedure will be followed:
- The students will apply through nominating agencies of their respective Governments by mentioning the name of Pakistani universities (1st, 2nd & 3rd choice) and field of studies where she/he wish to get admission.
- Nominating agencies of respective Governments will make the nomination of students as per the eligibility criteria in coordination with HEC/respective University after meeting their admission bench marks (percentage). The data of nominated students will be shared with HEC Pakistan. Nomination would be on competitive basis on highest academic merit.
- The applicant will be required to complete all requisite documents for university admission process.
- HEC Pakistan will facilitate and coordinate with the student through nominating agencies of respective Governments for their enrollment in respective Pakistani universities in relevant discipline. HEC Pakistan will share the list of nominated students with selected Pakistani universities for securing acceptance/provisional admission as per their choices. The received nominations will be forwarded to respective universities keeping in view the preference pledged by applicants, for placement as per eligibility & merit criteria of the university.
- After completion of all documentation, HEC Pakistan will issue NOC for academic purposes only in favor of finally selected student to study in Pakistan.
- HEC Pakistan relevant staff will coordinate with respective embassies, ministries including Foreign Office, Ministry of Interior and concerned Agencies for completing all formalities.
- Finally selected students will be enrolled in public sector universities by considering their admission choices (1st, 2nd & 3rd) at Pakistani universities.
Mode of Applying:
Nominating agencies of respective Governments will coordinate with HEC Pakistan and advertise the scholarship. The students of these countries will compete for award of scholarship, as per the eligibility criteria in coordination with HEC Pakistan.