The government of Pakistan has offered scholarships to students of least developed countries of OIC that include Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, Comoros, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Gambia The, Togo and Uganda.
Following procedure will be followed:
- Higher Education Commission (HEC) would provide the eligibility criteria for admission in Bachelors, MS/M.Phil. and PhD degree programs in selected Pakistani universities.
- The students would apply through nominating agency, i.e. OIC General Secretariat/respective Governments via Embassies of least developed countries of OIC by mentioning the name of Pakistani universities (1st, 2nd & 3rd choice) and disciplines/choices where she/he wish to get admission.
- OIC General Secretariat/respective Governments via Embassies of least developed countries of OIC would make the nomination / selection of students as per the eligibility criteria in coordination with HEC/respective University after meeting their admission bench marks (percentage). The data of nominated students will be shared with HEC. Nomination would be on competitive basis on highest academic merit.
- The applicant would be required to complete all requisite documents for university admission process.
- HEC would facilitate and coordinate with the student through OIC General Secretariat/respective Governments via Embassies for their enrollment in respective Pakistani universities in relevant discipline. HEC would share the list of nominated students with selected Pakistani universities for securing acceptance/provisional admission as per their choices. The received nominations would be forwarded to respective universities keeping in view the preference pledged by applicants, for placement as per eligibility & merit criteria of the university.
- After completion of all documentation, HEC would issue NOC for academic purposes only in favor of finally selected student to study in Pakistan.
- HEC PMU staff will coordinate with respective embassies, ministries including Foreign Office, Ministry of Interior and concerned Agencies for completing all formalities.
- Finally selected students would be enrolled in public sector universities by considering their admission choices (1st, 2nd & 3rd) at Pakistani universities.
Mode of Applying:
OIC General Secretariat/respective Governments via Embassies will coordinate with HEC and advertise the scholarship amongst least developed countries of OIC. The students of these countries will compete for award of scholarship, as per the eligibility criteria in coordination with HEC.