Requirements for all applicants:
- Bachelors, Master's or Ph.D. degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
- Minimum grade point average of eight (8.0) on a scale of 0 to 10, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
- Be accepted to or currently enrolled in a program at one of the participating Mexican institutions.
The applicant must submit the documents in the following order:
- Official nomination of his/her government.
- Application form.
- An explanation of why the applicant is interested in studying or conducting research in Mexico.
- Curriculum vitae (maximum of 3 pages).
- Acceptance letter from the Mexican host institution, signed by the responsible party (Director of the International Affairs Office, Director of Academic Exchanges, Head of the Graduate Studies Department, Graduate Studies Coordinator, etc.), stating the length of the studies with the start and end dates and the type of studies.
- For research, the acceptance letter should also state that the candidate will receive the mentoring needed for the research project and, if possible, the name of the advisor.
- Coy of the diploma for the highest degree received.
- Copy of the transcript for the last degree received showing a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 8/10. If a different scale is used, the equivalent on a 10-pointscale must be submitted.
- For mobility scholarships, a letter from the applicant's institution agreeing to give academic credit for the classes or course of study that will be taken in Mexico.
- For research grants, a copy of the academic document showing the applicant has finished or is currently enrolled in a Master's or doctoral program.
- Candidates already in Mexico must have a current immigration document, with a temporary Resident Student Visa (card).
- If Spanish is not the applicant's native language, include certificate of an advanced level of proficiency in Spanish from a university or language center.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of passport.
- Medical certificate of good health in the original issued by a public or private institution no more than three months prior to submitting the documents. Independent health certificates will not be accepted.
- Recent original photographs (not digital), full face on a white background, 3cm x 3cm , with name and nationality noted on the back.