The project offers 1000 fellowships over a span of 5 years. These fellowships are offered on open merit at the national level. Seventy percent slots are reserved for faculty members of public sector universities and institutes, private universities are given 15 percent slots and 15 percent of these slots are kept for public sector R&D organizations (recognized by Pakistan Council of Science and Technology).
- To provide an opportunity to work in well-equipped research laboratories of the world and to work in new/ emerging fields.
- To address the issues of retention of qualified faculty members, by the capacity building of the faculty.
- To develop further foreign linkages through placement of PhD students and other researchers at the host institution.
- To enhance the quality of learning and teaching across the institutions
Education Commission (HEC) has recently announced Batch II of
Postdoctoral Fellowships Program (Phase III) for which the last date was
April 15, 2021. HEC has received an enthusiastic response in the shape
of large number of applications. The portal remained open for more than
two months, however, many capable researchers have reported that they
could not submit application for a variety of reasons.
order to facilitate eligible candidates, it has been decided that next
batch of the fellowships will be announced in September 2021. The
acceptance/invitation letters that were issued in April 2021 and onwards
will remain valid for next batch as well. However, the recipients are
advised to keep in touch with the host supervisor so that the offer is
also confirmed on the online portal as and when opened for this purpose.
The eligible candidates are advised to keep their applications complete
in all respects and have following documents/online profile prepared
- Invitation/acceptance letter in the relevant field from top 200 QS world ranked universities.
- Research Proposal as per format (Click here to download)
- Host supervisor CV
- Updated self CV
- Updated Profile on HEC online portal i.e personal profile, education, employment history, publications.
- Five years' recognized experience in the online profile at HEC in case of foreign PhD.
from relevant section(s) of HEC in case any scholarships/financial
support/research grant has been availed from HEC in the past
(Conditional NOC will not be accepted).
- Attested PhD Degree (Equivalence Certificate in case of foreign PhD)
Please carefully read all pages for complete details. Please also note that the
portal will be opened for a specific duration according to Pakistan
Standard Time (PST) and last date will not be extended in any case.
Therefore, please submit application as soon as the advertisement is
floated. Moreover, applications submitted on research.hec.gov.pk will
only be considered for further processing.