The project offers 1000 fellowships over a span of 5 years. These fellowships are offered on open merit at the national level. Seventy percent slots are reserved for faculty members of public sector universities and institutes, private universities are given 15 percent slots and 15 percent of these slots are kept for public sector R&D organizations (recognized by Pakistan Council of Science and Technology).
The programme is currently closed for intake. Interested candidates are requested to keep the following documents ready for submission of application on the online portal as and when the opportunity is announced.
- Research Proposal as per format (Click here to download Pdf format) (msword format)
Invitation/acceptance letter in the relevant field from top 200 QS
world-ranked universities. The letter must be on University letterhead
duly signed by the host supervisor/ authorized official of the concerned
university clearly indicating the name of the host supervisor. The letter
dated within the last six months will be considered valid. However, the
recipients will be required to ensure that the offer is also confirmed
on the online portal as and when opened for this purpose.
- Host supervisor CV
- Updated/ accurate self CV
- Updated Profile on HEC online portal i.e personal profile, education, employment history, publications.
- Five years' recognized experience in the online profile at HEC in case of foreign PhD.
from relevant section(s) of HEC in case any scholarships/financial
support/research grant (as PI or Co-PI) has been availed/ is being
availed from HEC (Conditional NOC will not be accepted).
- Attested Ph.D. Degree/ Foreign Ph.D. degree & transcript with authentic translation
- Equivalence Certificate (in case of foreign Ph.D.)
- Duty Resumption Notification (Only for the applicants who have completed Ph.D. during service after obtaining study leave)
Certificates (Only for foreign Ph.D. degree holders in support of their
claim of five years' recognized work experience)
- NOC from employer clearly stating that you are a regular employee and can avail at least 9 months leave in case of selection.
carefully read all pages for complete details. Please also note that
the portal will be opened for a specific duration according to
Pakistan Standard Time (PST) and the last date will not be extended in any
case. Therefore, please submit the application as soon as the advertisement
is floated. It is worth mentioning that ONLY applications submitted on
research.hec.gov.pk will be considered for further processing.