|Keeping in view the problems faced by applicants in obtaining NOCs, the applicants are allowed to submit application latest by September 20, 2021 without NOCs. However, they must forward NOCs (if any) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible but not later than October 5, 2021.|
The project offers 1000 fellowships over a span of 5 years. These fellowships are offered on open merit at the national level. Seventy percent slots are reserved for faculty members of public sector universities and institutes, private universities are given 15 percent slots and 15 percent of these slots are kept for public sector R&D organizations (recognized by Pakistan Council of Science and Technology).
- To provide an opportunity to work in well-equipped research laboratories of the world and to work in new/ emerging fields.
- To address the issues of retention of qualified faculty members, by the capacity building of the faculty.
- To develop further foreign linkages through placement of PhD students and other researchers at the host institution.
- To enhance the quality of learning and teaching across the institutions
"The last date of submission of application has been extended till September 26, 2021. Please log on to research.hec.gov.pk to submit application. Keeping in view the problems faced by applicants in obtaining NOCs, the applicants are allowed to submit application latest by September 26, 2021 without NOCs. However, the NOCs (if any) must be forwarded via email to email@example.com
as soon as possible but not later than October 5, 2021."
- Research Proposal as per format (Click here to download Pdf format) (msword format)
- Valid Invitation/acceptance letter in the relevant field from top 200 QS world ranked universities. The letter must be on University letterhead duly signed by host supervisor/ authorized official of concerned university clearly indicating the name of host supervisor. The letter dated within last six months will be considered valid. However, the recipients will be required to ensure that the offer is also confirmed on the online portal as and when opened for this purpose.
- Host supervisor CV
- Updated/ accurate self CV
- Updated Profile on HEC online portal i.e personal profile, education, employment history, publications.
- Five years' recognized experience in the online profile at HEC in case of foreign PhD.
- NOC from relevant section(s) of HEC in case any scholarships/financial support/research grant (as PI or Co-PI) has been availed/ is being availed from HEC (Conditional NOC will not be accepted).
- Attested PhD Degree/ Foreign PhD degree & transcript with authentic translation
- Equivalence Certificate (in case of foreign PhD)
- Duty Resumption Notification (Only for the applicants who have completed PhD during service after obtaining study leave)
- Experience Certificates (Only for foreign PhD degree holders in support of their claim of five years' recognized work experience)
- NOC from employer.
Please carefully read all pages for complete details. Please also note that the portal will be opened for the specific duration according to Pakistan Standard Time (PST) and last date will not be extended in any case. Therefore, please submit application as soon as the advertisement is floated. It is worth mentioning that ONLY applications submitted on research.hec.gov.pk will be considered for further processing.