Applications can be submitted in response to an advertisement. Submission must be made to the HEC online portal (research.hec.gov.pk). Please go through the User Manual before filling of online application. Once the required details are filled online, please upload all the required documents in .pdf form and submit the application before deadline.
The submitted applications are assessed by other active researchers with great expertise within the field. HEC evaluates the process continuously and has clear guidelines for the assessment of work. The assessment shall be of high quality and be conducted in an objective, impartial and transparent manner.
Applicants are required to have a confirmed placement letter from the Top 200 QS world-ranked universities/Institutes. The online application will only proceed further if the prospective host supervisor confirms/approves the request of the applicant for a postdoc position in the online application system. Otherwise, the application will remain pending and will not be considered.
Applicants have to deposit/online transfer Rs.1000/- (non-refundable), as an application processing fee in favour of Director General Finance, HEC in A/C No. 1742-79001334-01 Habib Bank limited.
Only SUBMITTED applications on the online portal will be processed. SAVED applications will not be considered.
The application will be processed on the basis of online information/documents provided by the applicant on the online portal. In case of any error/omission and misrepresentation/concealment of facts, HEC reserves the right to reject the application/cancel selection at any stage. Incomplete applications and those submitted without complete supporting documents/NOCs will be rejected.
Documents Required (in ONE PDF file):
- Your updated/accurate CV
- Research Proposal as per format. Applicants are required to submit a clearly written research proposal outlining how he/she intends to satisfy at least 2 of the 5 outcomes/deliverables identified below:
Letter of Acceptance as Post Doc/ Visiting Research fellow (maximum two pages): The letter must be on the University letterhead (List of Universities available on the website). The proposed Research, its title, why is it beneficial for both parties etc must be slightly discussed in the body of the letter. If the official authorized to sign the letter is different from the Host Supervisor, then the name of Host Supervisor must be mentioned in the letter. The letter should confirm the Host University commitment and how much it will charge on account of Bench Fee/ Lab Experimentation Cost for the proposed project.Curriculum Vitae of the Host Supervisor:
- Production of Books/Manuscripts for Publication
- Production of Papers in Peer-Reviewed High Impact Factor Journals
- Creation of Funded Research Linkages and Collaborations
- Access to equipment and high impact research collaborators not available in Pakistan
- Creation and Introduction of New Programmes and Courses in Pakistan.
The CVs should be in standard form (maximum two pages) and include the following information:
NOC from current Employer clearly stating that applicant is a regular employee of the organization and leave with /without pay will be admissible to him/her in case of selection.
- Full Name
- Professional Training/Education
- Chronological List of Positions
- List of up to five publications related to the proposed project, in standard citation format
- List of up to five activities related to the proposed project. These activities may include: current or previous grants; teaching; collaborations; leading workshops/conferences; community outreach or engagement; consulting; etc.
HEC attested PhD Degree (for local PhD degree holders only)HEC Equivalence Certificate (for foreign PhD degree holders only)Foreign PhD Degree & Transcript with authentic translation (for foreign PhD Degree holders only)Duty Resumption Notification (Only for the applicants who have completed PhD during service after obtaining study leave)Experience Certificates (Only for foreign PhD degree holders in support of their claim of five years' recognized work experience)
NOC for HEC Scholarships/research projects (Completed/Ongoing, as PI or Co-PI)