Please consider this page as the first resource for answers to queries about scholarships for Postgraduate Programs. If you do not find answers to your questions from the following, please send us email to email@example.com
Who can apply for Provision of Higher Education Opportunities for students of Balochistan Fata Phase-II Scholarships?
Only candidates having domicile of Balochistan or FATA can apply to this scholarship scheme.
Is online application option available to apply for Postgraduate scholarship?
For Postgraduate Scholarship only online application is acceptable. Applications submitted in hard form will not be entertained.
What is the eligibility criteria for Postgraduate program?
- Applicant must possess Local/Domicile Certificate from Balochistan Province/erstwhile FATA.
- Applicants must have completed 16 years education with at least 60% marks.
- Maximum age is 35 years as on Closing Date.
- Applicants must have acquired the requisite academic qualifications on or before the closing date.
- The Applicants who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- The Applicants will have to meet HEC and University criteria for admission in MS programs.
How and when to apply to for Postgraduate scholarship of project titled. "PROVISION OF HIGHER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE STUDENTS OF BALOCHISTAN & FATA (PHASE-II)"?
Application dates are announced at the website as well as on all leading Newspapers of the country.
How long is the scholarship given to Postgraduate degree students?
Duration of the scholarship for postgraduate degree students is: 1 year extended up to 2 years as per academic performance per semester/year.
Is there any scholarship application processing fee?
No scholarship application processing fee is charged.
After getting scholarship, do I need to re-apply every year?
Once you are selected under this scholarship program, you don't need to apply again every year.
What kind of expenses are covered under the postgraduate program?
Scholarships Program Covers: (2019)
- Average Tuition Fee and other charges including Hostel Fee up to Rs.60,000 per semester/year.
- Living Allowance of Rs. 9,000 per month with an annual increment of Rs. 500 for 2nd year.
- Book Allowance of Rs. 6,000 per Annum.
- Traveling Allowance of Rs. 5,000 per Annum.
- Initial Settlement Allowance of Rs. 10,000 (Once during total study period).
How candidates will be shortlisted for Postgraduate programs?
Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of Aptitude Test (conducted by HEC) score and Academic credentials scores.
I have done O-levels & A-levels do I need IBCC equivalence certificate?
Yes, equivalence certificates will be required for scholarship.
How many Scholarships are available for postgraduate program in Batch – II?
There are 200 Scholarships available. The scholarship distribution ratio for the students of Balochistan & FATA is 50:50.
Will HEC follow IN or OUT Quota for the selection? If yes how it will be determined
Yes, HEC will follow for IN or OUT Quota & it will be determined from Intermediate qualification. If the Student completed their intermediate level education from institutes / colleges which lies in territory defined for Balochistan / FATA he/she will be considered as Balochistan/FATA IN else Balochistan FATA OUT
What is the ratio for the scholarships for IN or OUT?
90% Scholarships will be awarded to IN students & 10 % will be awarded to OUT students.
I am already availing financial assistance/scholarship from university/institution. Am I eligible for this scholarship?
No, the students already availing financial assistance/scholarship from universities/institutions are not eligible to apply.