All the general queries have been addressed below about scholarships for Undergraduate Program, if you do not find answers to your questions from the following, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)
1. I am waiting for my intermediate result, Am I eligible to apply?
No, as mentioned in advertisement, applicant must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date. Result awaiting students are not eligible to apply.
2. My domicile is other than FATA/Balochistan. Am I eligible to apply?
No, only applicants having domicile/local certificate of Balochistan and Erstwhile FATA are eligible to apply.
3. What is Balochistan IN/Out and FATA IN/Out?
The applicants who have studied at F.Sc (Intermediate level) in the institutions located within the districts of Balochistan or Agency or FRs of Erstwhile FATA fall under the category BALOCHISTAN IN and FATA IN respectively. Those who have studied at F.Sc (Intermediate level) in the institutions outside Balochistan and Erstwhile FATA/FRs fall under BALOCHISTAN OUT and FATA OUT category respectively.
4. What's the distribution of scholarships for Balochistan IN/Out and FATA IN/Out?
Balochistan IN & FATA IN : 90 % scholarships
Balochistan OUT & FATA OUT : 10 % scholarships
90% scholarships will be awarded on population basis to those students, who have done FA/FSc/I.Com/A Level or equivalent from the districts / agencies / FRs of Erstwhile FATA and Balochistan and they will fall under category FATA IN and Balochistan IN.
10% scholarships will be awarded for Balochistan Out and Fata Out Category.
5. If I have already cleared the NTS Test (or any other entry Test), would it be required to appear in the HEC Test for this Scholarship?
Yes, it is mandatory for every applicant to appear in the test after advertisement, conducted by HEC for award of undergraduate scholarships.
6. What is the maximum age limit for undergraduate program?
Maximum age limit for undergraduate program is 22 years on closing date of advertisement. No age relaxation will be allowed.
7. What is the requirement of marks for Undergraduate Program?
F.A/F.Sc/A- Level or equivalent with minimum 60 % marks.
You cannot apply for scholarship if your percentage is less than the required percentage.
8. Can I get admission in any University / Institute of Pakistan?
No, scholarship will be awarded to candidates for Undergraduate studies in only HEC recognized public/Private sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutes of Pakistan.
9. Can I send my application through courier or submit by hand?
Only online applications are acceptable. Applications submitted in hard form will not be entertained.
10. What is the duration of scholarship?
Duration of the scholarship for undergraduate degree is 1 year extendable annually up to 4-5 years as per the program enrolled subject to satisfactory academic performance.
11. Is there any scholarship application processing fee?
The applicants are required to deposit Rs.500/- (Nonrefundable) as application fee in HBL Account Number 17427900133401 and should upload the scanned/Image online while applying. Applicant must keep the original deposit slip safe for future requirement.
12. What kind of expenses are covered under the Undergraduate scholarship program?
Scholarship Program Covers:
- Average Tuition Fee and other charges including Hostel Fee up to Rs. 60,000 per semester/year.
- Living Allowance of Rs. 6,000 per month with Rs. 500 annual increment.
- Book Allowance of Rs. 5,000 per Annum.
- Traveling Allowance of Rs. 5,000 per Annum.
- Initial Settlement Allowance of Rs. 10,000 (Once during total study period).
13. How candidates will be shortlisted & what is the criteria?
Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of Aptitude Test Score (conducted by HEC) and Academic Credentials Scores. Academic record will have 50% weightage and Aptitude test will have 50% weightage for undergraduate program.
14. I have done O-levels & A-levels, do I need IBCC equivalence certificate?
Yes, equivalence certificates will be required for the award of scholarship.
15. How many Scholarships are available for undergraduate program in Batch – V?
There are 500 Scholarships available. The scholarship distribution ratio for the students of Balochistan & FATA is 50:50.
16. I am already availing financial assistance/scholarship from university/institution. Am I eligible for this scholarship?
No, the students already availing financial assistance/scholarship from any universities/institutions are not eligible to apply.
17. Can I apply for nomination against HEC reserved seats for the students of Balochistan and FATA?
The primary objective of this project is to provide scholarship (financial assistance) however, HEC has limited reserved seats in various disciplines in Public Sector Universities/Institutes for HEC scholars of Balochistan and FATA.
The applicant should try to get admission through normal channel (open merit / any other reserved seat) as HEC cannot guarantee the placement on limited reserved seats.
Placements on reserved seats will be on open merit for selected scholars only. PM&DC/Respective Engineering Universities minimum eligibility criteria will be applicable.
Those who are already enrolled in Medical Colleges and Engineering Programs will not be considered against the reserved seats but shall be considered for offer of scholarship, if on Merit.