Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses of one week and one month duration are offered for ELT faculty. These courses are sponsored by ELTR Project and hosted by universities/colleges. The core aim of these CPD courses is professional development of in-service teaching faculty of public sector HEIs as per contemporary English teaching trends and practices.
The CPD courses are offered in the following areas:
- Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
- Testing& Evaluation
- Research Methodology and Skills
- Androgogical/Pedagogical Skills (Teaching Practicum, Communication Skills)
- Open and Customized Programs in ELT related areas (EAP, ESP, ESL, ELT)
1. Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
Innovative use of E-learning technology is encouraged by all HEIs in Pakistan, therefore University and college teachers need to be adequately prepared to implement a state-of-the-art ICT based language learning methodologies.
The main objectives of implementing this computer based program for English teachers in HEIs are to:
- Establish the Self Access Centres or Smart Class Rooms with computers, internet facilities, and other relevant materials in the English Language Departments /Centres.
- Train faculty to make effective use of computer and internet in language learning.
- Increase the effective and innovative use of ICT and E-learning tools in education.
- Make teachers more efficient in their classrooms and administrative practices by integrating technology in their teaching and work.
2. testing and Evaluation
Following are the main objectives in this area:
- To train faculty in latest testing, assessment and evaluation techniques in semester system by conducting workshops /seminars and courses in line with the Examination guidelines of HEC.
- To suggest recommendations for improvement in current Testing and Assessment system especially in the field of ELT.
- To devise better testing and assessment techniques for latest ELT curriculum at graduate and post graduate level and train the university college teachers to use curriculum and relevant testing methodology in ELT.
3. research Methodology& Skills
The project will facilitate the following:
- Organizing workshops/courses on Research Methodology for English faculty.
- Organizing workshops for enhancing research supervision.
4. Andragogical/Pedagogical Skills
- Teaching Practicum
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Microteaching etc
5. Open & Customized Programs in ELT related areas
- English for Academic purposes (EAP)
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
- English as Second Language (ESL) etc.
The opportunity of attending CPD courses can be availed by the Departments of English of Public and Private Sector Universities. Moreover, the Private Sector Universities and HEIs can organize these courses for the faculty of Public Sector Colleges/Universities.
For One Month course application form, please click here. Participants have to submit No Objection Certificate (NOC) on Rs. 100/- stamp paper prior to the commencement of the workshop. For sample NOC click here.
For One Week training registration form of click here.
Eligibility criteria for candidates
- Pakistani AJK Nationals
- Fulltime/ permanent English faculty of public sector colleges and universities
- Teaching English at the graduate and post graduate level
- Maximum 50 years of age, with minimum 16 years of education
Grants & Benefits
- The fellowships cover tuition fee, cost of reading materials, refreshments and lunch.
- No TA/DA and accommodation will be provided to participants.
- The amount for the Fellowships will be transferred to the university after the completion of the course