The objective is to develop, expand, enhance and manage the university's research programs and to link research activities directly to the educational, social and economic priorities of the university and its broader community. The ORIC is also responsible for assuring that the quality of research reflects the highest international standards and advances the stature of the university internationally.
ORIC shall guarantee that all research programs and policies reflect the core values of academic freedom, professional integrity and ethical conduct and full compliance with all policies, legal requirements and operational standards of the university.
For this ORIC wants to improve the environment for all research and scholarship by:
- Supporting the strategic research directions and policies of universities
- Improving integration of research and education at all levels of the institution
- Increasing and diversifying external research funding
- Improve recruitment and retention of the top faculty
- Translating research for the public's benefit
- Improving and strengthening university-industry relationships
- Promoting entrepreneurship, technology-transfer and commercialisation activities which improve and support the economy
- Promoting and improve multi-disciplinary research initiatives