In order to ensure the continuity of the program, it is vital to ensure that there are no violations of the license agreements that will be completed by participating institutions and publishers. Publishers are constantly monitoring the use of their databases, and illegal activities can be easily detected. For this reason, the heads/senior managers of applicant institutions will be required to complete an institutional agreement with the HEC, confirming their compliance with the Terms and Conditions of license agreements.
Below listed are the terms and conditions for use of the digital library resources. Please read it carefully before submitting the application form. These terms and conditions do not replace any part of the legal documentation supplied by participating publishers whose individual licenses must be read and agreed to either in writing or online.
- A representative of each participating institute (Vice-Chancellor, Head Librarian, Serials, Systems or other Librarian, Senior Researcher etc.) must register that institute for access to the information resources available through the Digital Library.
- Each institute need only register for each resource once.
- During registration, the representative must read and agree to the license terms and conditions of each publisher participating within the Digital Library.
- Where licenses are required to be printed off and returned to the publisher, the representative of each participating institute must comply with this requirement before access for the institute commences.
- Where license documents can be viewed and accepted online, the representative of each participating institute must comply with this requirement before access for the institute commences.
- Copyright must be respected at all times by all users of the information resources
- Participating institutes and their members must not make printed copies of any of the materials within the Digital Library unless this is within the terms and conditions expressly permissible within the publisher's license. Single printed copies of individual resources (e.g. articles) are within the bounds of all the licenses but they must only be for individual use.
- Participating institutes and their members may not make any kind of material, financial or other gains from any article, item, or other piece of content from the Digital Library information resources. No resources or part of the resources may be sold, exchanged, or otherwise traded. For example, the use of the electronic resources must not be based on any kind of charging system, apart from any nominal computer access administrative charges.
- Participating institutes and their members may not make ANY copies of CD-ROMs, DVDs, or other disks (if provided)
- Participating institutes and their members may not lend copies of CD-ROMs, DVDs, or other disks (if provided) unless they have specific written permission from the publisher concerned