Sports plays an important role in the overall development of human personality, character building and offer a diversion from monotonous routine and other societal evils. It is particularly important for youth to help in their physical and mental growth and enhancing their capabilities. Higher Education Commission since its inception has been focusing on Sports and aims to inculcate the values and sense of healthy competition among students through Sports Division.
Pakistan University Sports Board (PUSB):
Sports Division under the banner of PUSB is collaborating with National, Regional and International Federation of Sports for developing an ecosystem of sports across the country. It is also providing facilitation to student players through their universities by awarding funds for promotion of sports and encourage them for active participation by giving scholarships, medals, trophies, prize money and certificates etc.
PUSB is performing below mentioned roles and responsibilities:
- To organize inter-university sports championships and to develop the interest of the students in sports
- PUSB selects Pakistan university teams for national/ international championships.
- PUSB arranges Coaching Courses/ Training Camps to provide training and development to sports leaders, young players, and university students
- PUSB acts as a representative of the universities of Pakistan in sports and games
- PUSB also assists universities in the development of their sports infrastructure
National & International Affiliations:
- Affiliations with National Sports Federation
PUSB is an affiliated body with 25 National Sports Federations including Pakistan Olympic Association and Pakistan Sports Board
- Affiliations with International Sports Federation
PUSB is affiliated below mentioned International University Sports Federations: