Those who satisfy all the following requirements are eligible to apply:
A. General eligibility criteria
- Minimum 4 years bachelor degree (4 years B.S/ B.Sc./B.E/ Equivalent – (16 years of formal education)
- Maximum age on the closing date of advertisement for the scholarship is 35 years or less. However, in the case of regular faculty members of Public Sector Universities/ Govt Colleges and researchers of R & D organization, maximum age is 40 years or less. For category-I of below, the application portal will be open round the year, in which case maximum age is calculated on the date of closing the applications advertised for the same session i.e January 10, 2021.
Candidates applying must meet the criteria of any one of the following three categories while applying:
- Category I: Secured admission along with tuition waiver in any specified US University at https://www.hec.gov.pk/english/scholarshipsgrants/US-Pakcorridor/Documents/List-Selected-Universities.pdf
- Category II: Secured admission in top 300 (World QS Ranked) US University having valid GRE scores.
- Category III: Having a valid GRE General Score /HAT Score (HEC does not guarantee the admissions of the applicants of this category, however, can facilitate in the placement process by sharing their details with the partner universities. candidates, in any case, will have to complete the admission requirements of the host university)
B. Academic criteria:
- Maximum 1-second division and no 3rd division or grade 'D' in the entire academic career (Those already having admission with tuition support can be considered up to Two 2nd Divisions)
- Not less than 50% marks in the entire academic career
- AEF formula and GRE Scores may be used while shortlisting candidates.
- All applicants will be required to show commitment to serve in Pakistan after completion of studies
- The grant will be offered for a maximum period of 5 years.
- HEC attested documents are not required with the application. Those who are shortlisted will be asked to submit the required documents later. However, the applicants are advised to download the filled application form for record purpose.
- Misstatement/ misrepresentation of information in the application form can lead to disqualification/ cancellation of the scholarship award at any stage of the program.
- Postal address for correspondence
Project Management Unit (PMU)
US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor
13 B/ 11, HRD Building
Higher Education Commission (HEC)
Sector H-8, Islamabad.