Who are eligible to apply?
Those who satisfy all the following requirements are eligible to apply
- Pakistani citizen/ AJK Nationals
- Minimum 4 years bachelor degree (4 Years B.S/B.Sc./B.E etc.) – 16 years of formal education
- Those who:
- Have secured admission (along with tuition support in case of category -III) in any specified US University OR
- Have valid GRE General Or HAT Scores.
What is the maximum age limit?
The maximum age limit on the closing date of the advertisement is 35 years or less. However, in the case of regular faculty members of Public Sector Universities/ Colleges and researchers of R & D organization, the maximum age is 40 years or less on the closing date of the applications.
I wish to apply to US – Pak Knowledge Corridor for PhD scholarship. Do I need a Master's degree to apply?
Not usually. A four years undergraduate degree (BS/B.Sc./B.E/Equivalent) (16 years of formal education) is acceptable. Most of the Graduate Schools of many US Universities accept 4 years bachelor's degree for PhD. The program, with some exceptions.
What are the different categories of Ph.D. scholarship under US – Pak Knowledge Corridor?
(From the point of view of financial support, the scholarship award is divided into three categories.)
- Those having a valid GRE General/ HAT Score and after being shortlisted, secure admission in top 50 (QS World Ranked) US Universities. The scholarship award in this category comprises return airfare and living expenses plus tuition fee.
- Those having valid GRE General/HAT Score and after being shortlisted by HEC, secure admission within US Universities falling under 300 Ranking, over and above the top 50 Universities mentioned above. The scholarship award in this category comprises of return airfare and living expenses plus tuition fee (Tuition fee within defined limits on negotiated cost with the host university)
- Those who secure admission along with tuition support from the host university of US (QS World Ranked/Land grant/Public Sector US University), over and above the universities mentioned in Option 1 & 2. The scholarship award in this category comprises of initial settlement allowance, return airfare and living expenses only and do not include tuition fee of any kind.
I have already submitted the application. Do I need to apply afresh?
Candidates need to apply afresh for 2021 session.
I have Secured admission but no tuition waiver. Can I apply?
Those who have secured admission along with a tuition waiver can apply. However, those who have a valid GRE General/HAT Score can also apply for further process. If shortlisted, HEC can send a support mail to the university but the decision of the tuition support lies with the university. HEC does not guarantee tuition support for the students applying in category-III.
I have secured admission along with a tuition waiver but the application deadline of US - Pak Corridor has closed.
The application portal will be open round the year for those who secure admission along with tuition waiver in specified US Universities. However, the candidate must meet the basic eligibility criteria of the scholarship on the latest closing date.
Is TOEFL/GRE - General Compulsory for applying to US - Pak Knowledge Corridor?
GRE General/HAT is compulsory for scholarship shortlisting. However, those securing admission along with tuition support will not be required to provide any of them.
Is IELTS acceptable?
TOEFL or IELTS are not the requirements of US – Pak Knowledge Corridor (USPKC - HEC) and therefore a prospective applicant can apply to USPKC (HEC) without either of these scores, provided he/she satisfy all other requirements. TOEFLE is considered as a plus point in some US Universities while in others TOEFL may be a condition for admission or tuition waiver. However, some Universities may sometime accept IELTS as a substitute for TOEFL.
What is Talent Farming?
Those who aspire for Ph.D. scholarships under US – Pak Knowledge Corridor are trained under the Talent Farming component of the project. The training is offered in GRE- General, TOEFL and IELTS etc.
How can I join the training?
Offer for training is generally advertised on HEC website and official social networks such as Facebook and Twitter etc. and the potential applicants are asked to apply online on HEC website. However, sometimes, public sector universities are contacted directly for their nominations of potential participants (students and non- PHD faculty) for the training.
Who is eligible for the training?
Those who satisfy all the following requirements are eligible?
- Those who are otherwise eligible for PHD scholarship under US – Pak Knowledge Corridor (Please read FAQs)
- The maximum age shall not exceed 33 years on the closing date of the offer for training. However, in the case of non- Ph.D. faculty of public sector Universities and researchers of approved R & D organizations, the maximum age for participation in training shall not exceed 38 years.
What are the benefits of participation in training(s)?
- GRE – General is a pre-requisite for the scholarship and for admission and/or tuition waiver in most US Universities
- TOEFL/IELTS is considered as a plus point for admission and/or tuition waiver in US Universities
- The training is offered at very subsidized rates by professional trainers/ Resource persons.
- Partial/full Refund of the actual test fee (GRE-General, TOEFL/IELTS) in case of outstanding performance in the actual test.