You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline
Applicants are MANDATORILY required to submit only online applications at the Commonwealth and HEC website. Incase applicant fails to submit online application forms on BOTH websites mentioned at Step (1) & Step (2), their application will not be considered for further processing.
Step- 1 (Commonwealth Online Application)
Step - 2 (HEC Online application)
- Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa . After registering and filling your profile, please select "Learning Opportunities Abroad" under "Scholarship and Grant" menu in left hand side panel of the online portal.
- While submitting an application online at HEC website, do attach scan copy of deposit slip of Rs. 400/-(non-refundable) in account of HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, Sector H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd (HBL), Pakistan.
No application without submitting both Commonwealth Application form and online HEC form will be entertained in any case (Consideration is only if submitted applications are also complete in all aspects)
Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after successful submission to relevant portals.
Hardcopies of HEC application form (along with relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for foreign degree, statement of purpose, research plan/proposal, copies of CNIC, Domicile) & submitted Commonwealth scholarship forms (proof of minimum 02 references, placement letter) may be kept saved. They will be taken from shortlisted candidates only
DO NOT SEND YOUR HARDCOPIES OF APPLICATIONS AT THIS STAGE.
For HEC Portal: Deadline for submission of HEC online application is 18th January, 2021 (1600 Hours Pakistan Standard Time (PST))
For CW portal: All applications must be submitted and all mandatory fields completed in the application form by 16:00 (GMT) on 18 January 2021 at the latest. Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 16:00 (GMT) on 1 February 2021 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- HEC may conduct test/interview to shortlist/nominate candidates.
- HEC endorses equal opportunity, therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
- Please note that HEC has only facilitation role in nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar applicant for all future scholarships.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply before the deadline of January 18th, 2021.
- A total of 30 nominations are available (roughly one third gets scholarship award). Nomination doesn't guarantee award of scholarship. The mentioned nominations are for whole Pakistan hence a tough competition for all interested applicants.
- Completing all requirements i.e. submission of applications, references, supporting statement from supervisor or admission in university & passing a HEC test doesn't guarantee a nomination & nor such requests will be entertained.