1. What is the eligibility criteria for Commonwealth Scholarship?
To apply for this scholarships, Applicant;
- Must be a Pakistani/AJ&K national & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K. Dual nationals are not eligible.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2022
- For Master scholarship, applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (16 years Bachelors/master's degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of applications
- For PhD scholarship, applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of applications
- Maximum two-second divisions are allowed but candidate must not have second division in the terminal/last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate's field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- Applicant must not have registered for a Master or PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university before September/October 2022
- NOT have started and/or be currently registered for a Master or PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, in your home country or elsewhere
- Have the support of a potential supervisor from at least one UK university listed in your application form. (For PhD)
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
- Applicant must not be able to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
- Two references letter must be submitted online to UK application system.
- Must obtain minimum 70% marks in HEC Aptitude Test (HAT).
2. How to find program & university?
Visit following sites and find your desired program by following mentioned methods in web link. CSC participating universities can also be found by visiting below links.
3. How to apply online at HEC & CSC (Commonwealth portal)?
There are 2 mandatory steps to apply:
Step- 1 (Commonwealth Online Application)
Apply online to Commonwealth (CW) Scholarship for Master & Doctoral studies (PhD) through their Electronic Application System (EAS) at:
For Masters https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/tblglqacxe/index.html
For PhD https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/0mie49l1ze/index.html
Step - 2 (HEC Online application)
Apply online at HEC website: https://eportal.hec.gov.pk. After registering and filling your profile, please select "Learning Opportunities Abroad" under "Scholarship and Grant" menu in left hand side panel of the online portal.
4. What is the last date/ deadline to apply for Commonwealth Scholarship?
Deadline for HEC and CW portal:
For HEC Portal: Deadline for submission of HEC online application 1st November, 2021 (1600 Hours Pakistan Standard Time)
For CW portal: All applications must be submitted and all mandatory fields completed in the application form by 16:00 (GMT) on 1st November, 2021 at the latest. Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 16:00 (GMT) on 22nd November, 2021 in order for their application to be eligible for consideration.
Note it is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply before the deadline.
5. Is there any fee to apply for Commonwealth Scholarship?
No, there isn't any application fee for Commonwealth Scholarship, However, the fee for HAT test is Rs. 800/- While submitting an online application at HEC website applicant needs to attach scan copy of deposit slip.
6. Where can applicant pay the fee for Commonwealth Scholarship?
While submitting an online application at HEC website, do attach scan copy of deposit slip of Rs. 800/- (non-refundable) deposited in HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Sector H-9, Islamabad for HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) to be conducted by Education Testing Council (ETC). All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility available across HBL branches in Pakistan.
8. What is the test date for Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT)?
HEC - Education Testing Council (ETC) Pakistan will conduct HAT test in November-2021 (Tentatively). For more information, visit official website of ETC https://etc.hec.gov.pk or lock your query at onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk
9. Is there any Important Information related to scholarship?
- HEC may conduct test/interview to shortlist/nominate candidates.
- HEC validate/promote equal opportunity, therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
- Please note that HEC has only facilitation role in nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and ban applicants for all future scholarships.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply before the deadline of 1st November 2021.
- HEC online portal shall close as per the deadline, thereafter, no candidate would be able to apply. Also, incomplete applications (not submitted) will NOT be entertained.
- Applicants are advised to complete and submit their application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline
10. Is it mandatory to appear in Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT)?
Yes, appearance in test is mandatory as difficulty level of this test is different.
11. What is the minimum qualifying marks required for Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT)?
Applicants are required to obtain minimum 70% marks in Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) for consideration towards nomination.
12. If applicant mistakenly submit false information at any stage (if qualified) will they be eligible for the scholarship?
Applicant are required to submit their information carefully. In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and disqualify applicant for all future Scholarships.
Application form once submitted is not editable
13. Is IELTS necessary for applying in Commonwealth scholarship?
No. However, applicant has to fulfil his/her intended university requirement.
14. What is age limit for Masters/PhD?
There is no age limit.
15. Can an Afghan national apply for this scholarship?
No, only Pakistani / AJ&K national can apply for this scholarship.
16. Is international GRE-General /Subject score acceptable?
No. International GRE-General/Subject is not acceptable for the award of this scholarship.
17. Which test is applicable for award of these scholarships?
Only HAT organized by Education Testing Council (ETC) is acceptable test for the award of these scholarships. Education Testing Council (ETC) shall arrange HAT test for eligible applicants in November, 2021.
18. What are the mandatory requirement while applying for Ph.D. Programs?
Candidates applying for PhD studies must have consent of acceptance by supervisor at the proposed host university (mentioned in application form). A statement of acceptance issued by the supervisor must be attached to the online application.
Online references must also be submitted by CW portal deadline