To apply for these scholarships, you must meet HEC eligibility in addition to CSC requirements mentioned below:
- Be a Pakistani/AJ&K national and permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K. Dual nationals are not eligible.
- For Master scholarship, an applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (16 years Bachelors/master's degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of HEC application portal.
- For PhD scholarship, an applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of HEC application portal.
- Candidate must not have Second/Third division in the terminal/last degree. Result awaiting candidates are also not eligible to apply.
- All applicants are required to provide HAT test score. Applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 60 out of 100 in HAT test. Those applicants who have taken HAT test on or after January 01, 2022 may upload the test result on HEC portal for consideration.
- Without providing minimum HAT test score (60 out of 100), applications will not be considered for further process. Those interested applicants who are yet to take HAT test, may register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/. ETC is accepting applications for HAT test till October 11, 2022.
CSC Eligibility Criteria in addition to HEC criteria:
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023
- The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master's degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master's degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Provide full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- Provide references from at least two individuals.
For Ph.D. candidates only:
- NOT be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., at a UK university or in your home country before September/October 2023
- Provide a supporting statement from a proposed supervisor in the UK from at least one of the institutions named on your application form.
Kindly visit below mentioned links for further details on eligibility criteria & terms of award:
For Master: Click here to read information for a Master's Scholarship
For PhD: Click here to read information for a PhD Scholarship