OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR PHD IN SELECTED FIELDS & MS/ M. PHIL IN ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY ,BATCH-3
Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani/AJK nationals for the award of PhD and MS/M. Phil scholarships. Ph.D. scholarships are offered in selected fields whereas MS/M. Phil scholarships are offered in Engineering Technology. Scholarships will be awarded for Spring/Fall-2022 Session in HEC-identified top-ranked foreign universities of advanced countries ( List of Universities).
- Applicants are required to submit an online application via HEC e-portal (eportal.hec.gov.pk).
- Original online deposit slip OR ATM transfer slip of Rs 300/- (non–refundable) as application processing fee in favour of DG Finance, HEC must be uploaded on HEC e-portal. Fee can be deposited in Account Number 1742-79001334-01, Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, Islamabad Pakistan through any bank.
Scholarships will be awarded under the following two categories:
Category-1: (Attached/Faculty Development): Around 2/3 scholarships will be awarded under this category for the development of future faculty of Pakistani University. Candidates interested under this category are required to opt identified Pakistani universities of their choice for job interview/placement in the online application form. Shortlisted candidates will have to pass the employment selection process of Pakistani Universities of their choice for further process toward the award of scholarship. On return after successful completion of Ph.D. applicant has to serve in the same University for a period of 5(five) consecutive years.
Category-2: (Unattached/Open Merit): Around 1/3 scholarships will be awarded under this category for the development of human resources in the national priority areas. These applicants will have to serve either in parent organization or other organization preferably in any University/R&D organization of Pakistan, for a period of 5(five) consecutive years.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of Government Approved provincial quota.
- Merit will be drawn on the basis of valid HEC Aptitude test scores separately for both categories.
- Candidates are required to opt foreign countries/universities of their choice in the online application form. HEC reserves the right to re-allocate any Country/University to the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews and admission process.
- Candidates are required to make sure that their field of the subject is being offered in their choice of Country/University, otherwise, candidate will not be considered for interview/scholarship.
- Candidates are required to fulfill the requirement of Host University to secure the admission which may include International GRE, TOFEL, etc. Candidates are advised to appear in these tests before the interview/admission.
- Applicants are required to fill the information through an online application process. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of online data/information provided by the applicant. In case any information is found to be misrepresented at any stage; the application process will be terminated.
Awardees will have to execute a bond with HEC/Respective Pakistani University to serve for a period of five years immediately after completion PhD study. Request for change of University for the purpose of service bond will not be entertained at any stage.
The Applicants provisionally or finally selected in
any of the HEC scholarships scheme in the past are required to obtain NO
Objection Certificate (NOC) from relevant HEC-Scholarship Section before
submission of their application. Copy of this NOC must be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org before closing date of
application submission i.e May 30, 2021.
Application submitted by any such candidate without
obtaining NOC may be rejected at any stage of selection/award process”
NO NEED TO SEND/UBMIT HARDCOPIES OF THE APPLICATION FORM AND EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTS AFTER SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION FORM
Applicants are advised to check all details of this scholarship scheme before filing/submitting online application form. Requests for amendment will not be entertained after submission of online application.